Be part of the biggest network of culinary professionals in Southern Africa.
The South African Chefs Association (SA Chefs) has been representing chefs, restaurateurs, educators, learners, industry professionals, culinarians and various other industry parties for over 44 years. With a number of regional committees situated around the country and the head office in Johannesburg, SA Chefs is truly a national representative body for all those passionate about food, the culinary arts and South African cuisine.
Recognised as the authority on food in South Africa, SA Chefs is a SAQA-registered Professional Body and provides its members with invaluable opportunities for networking, career growth, overseas travel, industry discounts, and access to a wealth of culinary knowledge. The list of benefits is endless and grows continuously as SA Chefs looks for new ways to improve services offered to members.
Can you afford NOT to join this network of hospitality professionals? We thought not? Join the largest body of culinary professionals in South Africa!
To register, click here to download the SA Chefs Membership Form.
If you would like to complete the Membership Form Online, please click here.
Reasons Why you should become a SA Chefs member
The current benefits of South African Chefs Association membership are:
- It’s not what you know but who you know: Our regional events, such as InfoChef, help you to network with fellow chefs, assisting you in finding career opportunities and advice on a cheffing career.
- Job opportunities: Our job forum on the SA Chefs website allows you to advertise yourself to prospective employers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to post your job on the website.
- Competitions: We represent some of the most prestigious competitions, both locally and internationally – only SA Chefs members are allowed to enter these competitions, and they are an amazing way of raising your profile, gaining experience and meeting new people.
- Magazine: Our bi-monthly magazine, SAChef is packed with information on the industry, trends and news. As a member, you will receive the magazine delivered to you free of charge.
- Skills Training: Our Tsogo Sun Centre for Culinary Excellence Skills Kitchen, based at our national head office in Johannesburg, is the perfect place to enhance your skills, with courses such as knife skills, pastry, buffet, food costing and butchery. Members receive a 10% discount on selected courses.
- Trade Events: SA Chefs often has complimentary tickets to trade events such as the Good Food and Wine Show, Hostex, IFEA and Grand Designs Live.
- Demonstrations: There are opportunities to demonstrate at SA Chefs events such as the Rand Show, Hostex, InfoChef and Grand Designs Live.
- Overseas Promotions: SA Chefs regularly sends its members overseas to take part in International food promotions.
- Judging: SA Chefs-accredited judges are often used for culinary competitions, including the Sunday Times Food Awards, Goldcrest Young Chef of the year, Unilever Foodsolutions Chef of the year and the Shoprite Checkers Boerewors Competition. Nationwide workshops are held regularly.
- Discounts: Use your SA Chefs-branded Makro card to receive regular discounts off ingredients and catering equipment.