Food, cooking and the passion with which it is associated with, are fast becoming topics of enormous interest to the public and while chefs are more accessible to the consumer than ever before, their skills are still held in extremely high regard. It is through your membership to the South African Chefs Association (SA Chefs), and by default to the World Association of Chefs Societies (World Chefs), that those skills are nurtured, supported and built upon.
Announcement by President James Khoza and the SA Chefs Directors:
50% discount on all 2020/2021 membership fees due to the effect of COVID-19 has had on you, our members. All paid up Membership as from 1st March 2020 to the 31st August 2020, will have 2021 Free!
SA Chefs is a non-profit organisation representing in excess of 9600 of the country’s finest chefs, restaurateurs, educators, learners, culinarians and other interested parties. With established branches across the country and a network that reaches all four corners of the globe.
The SA Chefs website links local chefs, trainees, hospitality industry players and other interested parties to colleagues and information from around the world, while the Centre for Culinary Excellence (CCE) is home to one of the greatest collections in the South African culinary and hospitality industry – and THE definitive reference source for industry, both physical and virtual; offering SA Chefs members an all-access pass to a vast collection of books, magazines, videos, multimedia and menus, as well as invitations to attend our annual Infochef conference, and other educational workshops run throughout the year.
How it works
On signing up as a SA Chefs member you will receive a SA Chefs pin, certificate and membership card. You will also have the right to use the designatory letters appropriate to your type of membership, while Corporate and Training Provider members may use the SA Chefs logo on stationery and create a logo hyperlink linking your website to ours. Members also receive SA Chefs official magazine, SAChef with 6 issues per year, regular correspondence, updates, industry information and invites in the form of emails and sms’.
You will have the opportunity to enter local and international competitions, participate in food promotions and events, take part in radio and television interviews and demonstrations, become a member of the SA Culinary Squad, be selected as a Academy of Chefs members, attend networking and social events countrywide, get involved in charity work.
As you can see, from events and competitions, to workshops and demonstrations, SA Chefs is the authority on all things culinary in South Africa.
- Junior membership (R82.50 for 2 years) is for trainees and students in the industry, students & members whose careers are based on practical rather than academic or structured foundations. This grade is available for two years at which point the individual is automatically upgraded to an Intermediate Member. Junior members do not have voting rights.
- Youth membership (R82.50 p/a) is for junior/commis chefs as well as trainees / in service training within a recognised programme. This is an annual membership from which you are upgraded to a professional member. Youth members have voting rights.
- Professional membership (R147.50 p/a) is for practising chefs, hotel school graduates who have been in the industry for more than 3 years and persons directly involved in the hotel, hospitality and catering industry. They should hold a position of responsibility and have followed a recognised training course or have been a Junior and Intermediate member. Professional members may use the SA Chefs logo on Chef Jackets indicating their membership. Logos may not be used on business stationary or cards unless they join as Corporate Members. Professional members have voting rights.
- Associate membership (R147.50 p/a) is for those not eligible for full membership but associated in some way with the industry. Associate members do not have voting rights.
- Corporate membership (New Corporate member R1875) is open to all suppliers of goods and services within the industry, restaurants and hotels. Corporate members will have their details posted on our website, along with a link to their website and may use our logo – upon approval by head office.
- Training Provider membership (New Training Provider member R1600) is open to all cookery schools, training institutions and colleges within the industry. Training Provider members will have their details posted on our website, along with a link to their website and may use our logo – upon approval by head office.
So what are you waiting for?
When making payment via electronic transfer or direct deposit it will be appreciated if you email the proof of payment with the attached application form or renewal details to email@example.com. Payments with no application form or renewal details cannot be traced or processed. Please state your name clearly in the reference section.
Nedbank Commissioner Street
A/C 1990 209 378
Branch Code: 198 765
Swift Number: NEDSZAJJ
For further information or any membership queries, please contact our Membership Administrator:
Phone: (011) 482 7250 | Fax: (011) 482 7260 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a certified copy of your ID with your application.